NC State returns to Reynolds Coliseum tonight to host a rebuilt team in North Florida. With the vacation and the quick turnaround, I didn’t get a full preview. North Florida, bullet:
– The Ospreys were legitimately offensive last season, finishing 31st. Place in the adjusted offensive efficiency and the 12. Place in 3FG%. . They also had the highest three-pointer attempt rate in the country.
– There were four high-profile starters on this team, however, and the Ospreys lost most of their perimeter production with them. KenPom is pretty depressed as a result: After finishing 166th last year. They started this year at 283. This really just goes to show how impossible it is for a program like North Florida to replace so much production.
– As good as the ospreys were offensive last year, they were just as bad at the end of the defensive. It was one of the least disruptive defense mechanisms in the country and ranked 332 in turnover rate. space. The UNF struggled to defend the color or get defensive ricochets.
– UNF’s only returning starter is Junior Carter Hendricksen, a 6’7 wing averaging 14. 9 points per game last season when shooting 36. 2% from outside the arch. If the team’s game on Wednesday is any sign of it, Hendricksen will be taking on a huge workload this season. In the UNF’s 13-point loss to Eastern Kentucky, he scored 16 shots – 12 out of three.
– Despite the roster sales, UNF will clearly continue to bomb from the outside. The Ospreys took 28 threes and 26 twos against the EKU. You shot 35. 7% of three, which is not bad, but they only shot 42. 3% inside the arc – and turned the ball in a pile.
NC State Wolfpack Men’s Basketball, North Carolina State University, North Florida Ospreys Men’s Basketball, University of North Florida
World News – USA – NC State is back on Friday against North Florida
. . Related title :
– NC State will be back against North Florida Friday North Florida
– How to Watch: North Florida vs.. . NC State 2020