High contrast is switched on.
You can reactivate the high contrast using the link in the footer to our accessibility page
Callum Wilson returns to Newcastle United’s starting XI when Steve Bruce shuffles his pack for the Magpies’ Premier League clash against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
The striker, who has already scored six Premier League goals for Newcastle this season, faces the Eagles tonight (kick-off at 8pm GMT) after losing United’s home defeat to Chelsea with a hamstring injury last week did against Southampton.
The striker is one of four team changes made by Frank Lampards Blues in St. . James’ Park last week, with replacement skipper Jonjo Shelvey, who started for the Magpies along with Jeff Hendrick and Miguel Almirón, who were all substituted on against Chelsea.
Karl Darlow continues between the sticks as Bruce returns to a four-man defense. Club captain Jamaal Lascelles, who sustained a hamstring injury against Chelsea, cannot face Palace as Federico Fernández and Ciaran Clark keep their places in the heart of the defense, with Javier Manquillo and Jamal Lewis taking the full-backs.
Almirón, who came on as a substitute against Chelsea in the second half, will return to the starting line-up with the Paraguayan along with Brazilian striker Joelinton to support Wilson from the start.
Matt Ritchie is named on the bench and is part of the Magpies squad for the first time since an acromioclavicular joint injury at Tottenham Hotspur in September.
Jacob Murphy cannot keep his place in the starting XI and sits down on the bench with Matty Longstaff, Fabian Schär and DeAndre Yedlin to Ritchie, while 18-year-old Elliot Anderson is on the bench for the first time in a year League game.
Newcastle United: Karl Darlow, Javier Manquillo, Federico Fernández, Ciaran Clark, Jamal Lewis, Jonjo Shelvey (c), Sean Longstaff, Jeff Hendrick, Miguel Almirón, Joelinton, Callum Wilson.
Newcastle United F. . C.. . , Premier League, Steve Bruce
World News – UK – Team News: Wilson starts as Bruce rings the change bell
. . Related title :
– Alan Shearer& Newcastle United fans’ ardent defense after expectations allegations
– Team News: Wilson starts as Bruce rings the changes
– EPL Games: Premier League on 27. and 30. November 2020
– >> QUIZ: Which country is the largest manufacturer of vaccines?
– Steve Bruce is about to test to fix the alarming break-in of Allan Saint-Maximin& in Newcastle
– Newcastle United One should be hired before being caught injuries
– Steve Bruce, who defends so deeply, makes it easy for the opposition? New statistics report sums it up
– The best European football leagues give punters a sneak preview on the weekend
– Be sure to leave Newcastle Ace in the next transfer window
– Steve Bruce goes back to Donald Trump’s comparison and claims & # 39; I never said Newcastle maintains & # 39; after that . . .