It has already started, Philadelphia Eagles fans. As most of you know, on Saturday the 3rd. Jan., reports that Defense Coordinator Jim Schwartz won’t be returning to the birds in 2021 and may have a year off to consider retirement. This report was first published on Twitter by NFL reporter Tom Pelissero.
This has been a shock to some Eagles fans and a relief to others, but one thing is for sure. Something doesn’t really go together. Les Bowan of the Philadelphia Inquirer stated on Twitter that the Eagles players were unaware of Schwartz’s decision and that they did not learn the news until it became known. That doesn’t sound like Schwartz’s way of doing business, does it? So yes. It’s a bit of a shock.
When a coordinator, particularly one of Jim Schwartz’s tenures, makes a decision on something of this magnitude, it is usually discussed at length with the entire organization. Well that’s speculation, but are there any other Eagles fans who get the Mike Groh vibe?
You might ask what is meant by this, but think about it. If you remember, head coach Doug Pederson reassured everyone in the 2021 off-season that offensive coordinator Mike Groh would be returning, and it was announced 24 hours later that he had been fired. Here, too, there are reasons to question whether Schwartz’s departure is completely Schwartz’s idea or not.
So where are we going exactly with this theory? It is extremely typical of teams that are in the form the Eagles are in to let go of important parts of their organization. Although Schwartz sometimes makes fans pull their hairs out, the defensive coordinator has made this defense one of the better defenses in the league.
Since Schwartz’s arrival in Philadelphia, his defense was ranked 12th in 2016, 4th in 2017, 12th in 2018 and 15th in 2019. In 2020, until some serious injuries (again) occurred, the Philadelphia Eagles defense flirted with ending the current campaign with a top ten ranking. That seems to be out the window now.
Schwart’s defense has fallen off the wagon in the past few weeks. If teams start losing the way the Eagles have done this season, there will be changes of coaches for sure. So let’s return to our earlier question. Is it crazy to wonder if the Eagles organization was just trying to find a posh way to get their defense coordinator out?
Jim Schwartz’s exit is the first big announcement made by the Eagles camp regarding manager changes, but it most likely won’t be the last. Buckle up Birds fans! This off-season is one to be remembered for a long time.
Create your custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis about the Philadelphia Eagles and all of your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more.
Your privacy is safe with us. We will never give your email address to spammers, scammers or the like.
Philadelphia Eagles, Jim Schwartz, Defensive Coordinator, Head Coach, Detroit Lions, NFL, Doug Pederson
World News – US – Philadelphia Eagles Debate Table: Was Jim Schwartz Evicted?
. . Related title :
– What They Say: Top Candidates To Replace Jim Schwartz As Eagles DC, From Dan Quinn To DeMeco Ryans
– Philadelphia Eagles Debate Table: Was Jim Schwartz Evicted?
– Jim Schwartz resigns as Eagles& # 39; Defensive coordinator, source confirmed
– A look at Jim Schwartz&’s defense
– t& # 39; it is important that the Eagles hire the right man as the next defense coordinator.
– Ex-Lions Coach Jim Schwartz to step down as Eagles Defensive Coordinator
– Eagles should look at these nine possible substitutes for Jim Schwartz
– Report: Jim Schwartz will not return to Eagles in 2021 –
– <a href = "/ ? s = Reports: Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson stays, DC Jim Schwartz won't be returning to & # 39. Reports: Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson stays, DC Jim Schwartz won't be returning to & # 39. "
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]