If you watched the « One More Thing » event at Apple last week, you’ll have heard about the big promises made for the new Silicon M1 SoC (system on chip). We are still skeptical, but the new benchmark results reveal that the M1 could outperform older generation dedicated GPUs (GPUs) like the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and AMD Radeon RX 560..
GFXBench 5. 0 benchmarks revealed that the M1 often outperforms the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and the AMD Radeon RX 560. According to Apple, the eight-core M1 GPU can match up to 25,000 threads, with the ability to deliver up to 2. 6 TFLOPS by productivity. That’s the same TFLOPS that the Radeon RX 560 achieved, and just under the GeForce GTX 1650’s 2.. 9 TFLOPS. We’d love to see the M1 already tested against old favorites like the GTX 1650 due to its performance boost over the GTX 1050 Ti, but unfortunately this is not available at the time of writing..
Before we get too excited about what this might mean for chipset developments, we need to point out that GFXBench 5. 0 is usually used to benchmark smartphone devices, and it’s not the ultimate tool for testing graphics cards.
The tests were also run within Apple’s Metal API, so not a lot of non-Apple product comparisons are available, but that could change as more people get their hands on the new MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and new Mac mini.
You might be quick to dismiss the feat with the latest release of the Nvidia GeForce 3000 series, or AMD Radeon HD 6000 graphics cards, but the presence of this level of graphics performance on the SoC should not be overlooked..
You won’t be using the new MacBook Air 2020 to play Assassins Creed Valhalla in 4K 60fps, and you shouldn’t want to. For gaming experiences, the Mac still has a long way to go to ditch the PC.
Sign up for the latest news, reviews, opinions, analysis and more, plus the hottest tech deals!
TechRadar is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit the company website.
Apple GPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX, Advanced Micro Devices, Radeon, AMD Radeon RX Series, AMD, Computer
World News – US – The M1 chip is clearly from Apple can outperform some AMD and Nvidia graphics cards
. . Related Title :
– Apple& # M1 chip can outperform 39; s apparently on some AMD and Nvidia graphics cards
– integrated Apple M1 graphics beat GeForce GTX 1050 Ti in GFXBench Benchmarks
– <a href = "/? S = Apple & # 39; M1& # 39; benchmark versus. AMD, Nvidia: Who Will Win the Graphics? – The future of Mac gaming! Apple & # 39; M1& # 39; Benchmarking vs. AMD and Nvidia: Who Will Win the Graphics? – The future of Mac gaming!
– Apple Silicon M1 outperforms older Nvidia and AMD desktop GPUs
– Apple M1 competes with outsiders with its graphical performance!
– <a href = "/? s = M1 the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and Radeon RX 560 chipset outperforms in graphics performance, while the M1 chip excels On GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and Radeon RX 560 in graphics performance