‘I will continue to work with people, » he said at the event that marked his official entry into the party
Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joined the Tamil Nadu unit of the Indian National Congress on November 9 at Sathyamurthy Bhavan in Chennai Present during the event were All India Congress Committee (AICC) Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Goa in-charge Dinesh Gundu Rao and TNCC President KS Alagiri
A tweet on TNCCâ????s official page quotes Dinesh G Rao saying Sasikanth who quit civil services last year would be given â????suitable responsibility to utilise his knowledge and experience for the welfare of people of India and for the Congress partyâ????
Thiru @s_kanth will be given suitable responsibility to utilize his knowledge & experience for the welfare of people of India and for the Congress party : Thiru @dineshgrao #WelcomeSasiKanthSenthil pictwittercom/SXsFH8saRT
Speaking after the event, Sasikanth said that he resigned due to mental stress following the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) and National Register of Citizens (NRC) proposed by the government â????I was trying to figure out what to do, what can be done to stop it I did not expect for peopleâ????s organisations to come up I got an opportunity to see India when peopleâ????s organisations came up protesting against CAA and NRC From my childhood to now, even during my civil services posting I have been used to working with people, I will continue to do that,â???? he said
Sasikanth was Deputy Commissioner of Dakshina Kannada district when he quit, and had expressed his discontent over the present politics in the country He had initially said that he may not join any political party since he belonged to the academic field
Confirming his decision to join the political party to TNM on Sunday, Sasikanth had said, â????I now feel the time is right to push for a political solution and to bring everyone together I feel Congress is the platform for me where I can operate and try to get a political solution That is the reason why I made this decisionâ????
Earlier in August another bureaucrat, K Annamalai, quit the IPS services and joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in Tamil Nadu He is currently its Vice President in the state
Show us some love! Support our journalism by becoming a TNM Member – Click here
Indian National Congress, Indian Administrative Service, India, Tamil Nadu Congress Committee, Karnataka
World news – IN – Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joins Congress party
– Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joins Congress, hits out at BJP for hate politics
– Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joins Congress party
– BJP has started its model of hate politics in TN, should not be given even an inch, says Sasikanth Senthil
– Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joins Congress in Tamil Nadu
– Tamil Nadu: Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joins Congress
– Sasikanth Senthil, the IAS officer who resigned protesting the 'fascist' policies of the Central government, joins Congress
– Ex-Karnataka IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil, who quit service in 2019, joins TN Congress today
– Former IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joins Congress
– Ex-Karnataka IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil joins Tamil Nadu Congress
– Karnataka: Ex-IAS officer Sasikanth Senthil to join Tamil Nadu Congress todayen
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]