T-Mobile announced today that it is investing in the Drone Racing League to help develop 5G drone racing technology. The two companies are working together to develop the first racing drones with integrated 5G, including the development of the first custom racing drones with T-Mobile 5G, which will be deployed during the DRL Alliance World Championship 2021 season
T-Mo and the DRL say they want to incorporate authentically 5G-equipped drones into the sport of drone racing. The built-in 5G connectivity is used to stream the DRL races to viewers in real time.
The partnership could also help expand use cases for 5G drones outside of racing. John Saw, EVP of Advanced & Emerging Technologies at T-Mobile, points to something like Unmanned Life, a company that has actually graduated from the T-Mobile Accelerator and is developing drones that can be used to disinfect public places in the US. K. . to fight the spread of COVID-19 and deliver medical supplies from pharmacies to people in their homes.
T-Mo touts its 5G network as the perfect solution for using drones to carry out tasks in the world. « Low latency is key to starting drone development as it enables rapid coordination of drones in the air and enables traffic management systems to approach real-time awareness of drones and other obstacles, » explains Saw, who further says In Areas where standalone 5G is available, T-Mobile engineers have been able to improve latency by up to 40%.
T-Mobile did not reveal how much it invested in the Drone Racing League. The multi-year contract was concluded through the T-Mobile Ventures fund.
For example, if you need 2 rows of 1GB of data each, use the data slider below to select 2GB of data.
Drone Racing League, 5G, T-Mobile USA, unmanned aerial vehicle
World news – CA – T-Mobile invests in Drone Racing League to advance 5G drone technology to support
. . Related title :
– T-Mobile invests in the Drone Racing League to develop 5G drone technology
– T-Mobile partnership with, investment in Drone Racing League
– T-Mobile, Drone Racing League announces partnership an
– T-Mobile works with Drone Racing League together to help emerging sports develop 5G-enabled technologies
– T-Mobile and the Drone Racing League announce a multi-year partnership to innovate 5G wireless drone technology . . .
– The Drone Racing League, T-Mobile to explore the 5G drone Technology
– T-Mobile starts pushing 5G racing drones
– T-Mobile invests in Drone Racing League through 5G partnership
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]