The Indian Navy played a vital role in preventing the Chinese Navy from adversely affecting the Indian Ocean region during the Standoff Border Summit between the two countries, a top Navy officer said Wednesday.
Vice-Admiral AK Chawla, Commander-in-Chief of the Southern Naval Command, said at a press conference here that the Indian Navy had « acted as a deterrent » against any mishap of the PLA Navy in the Indian Ocean region at the time.
« I think the message went very clearly to them, who do not confuse us at sea or on land, » he said.
The officer replied to a question as to whether India should be noisy at sea during the tense border distance in East Ladakh, in which the troops of the two countries were involved.
When asked if India remains vigilant and cooperates with friendly neighbors and other navies operating in the region, he said, « The answer is very simple. We are very strong. «
India and China had eight rounds of high-level military talks through November during the six-month stalemate in east Ladakh.
Follow the latest news live on NDTV. com. Follow our special coverage of the coronavirus pandemic in India and get news from around the world.
Indian Navy, Indian Ocean, Anil Kumar Chawla, India, People’s Liberation Army Navy
World News – AU – The Navy played a vital role in preventing China’s adversity in the Indian Ocean: Officer
. . Related title :
– Navy played a vital role in preventing the mishap of China& in the Indian Ocean: Officer
– President Gotabaya is very keen to honor the ECT project in the Colombo port with India: the Foreign Minister of Sri Lanka . . .
– The Navy played a critical role in preventing mishap by Chinese in Indian Ocean during border dispute: Vice Admiral
– The need to realign New Delhi in the Indo-Pacific
– Great Britain to provide a carrier group in the Indian Ocean
– The Indian Navy kept the Chinese Navy under control: Vice Admiral
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]