Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma could play a role in the Australia test series as the BCCI is currently working with Cricket Australia (CA. ) with a view to relaxing the quarantine rules for players. According to a BCCI official, if rules are relaxed, Rohit and Ishant could reach Australia in time to play for India’s second and final tour game against Australia « A » on Nov.. until 13. December in Sydney to be available in Sydney. According to the Australian government’s general Covid protocol, a 14-day quarantine period is required after reaching Australia.
« BCCI is in talks with CA, which in turn is negotiating with the Australian government to relax the quarantine rules (for the two players). . If the rules are relaxed, both Rohit and Ishant could be available for the (second) tour game, ”a BCCI official told The Indian Express.
Although the Australian government mandates a 14-day quarantine period for arriving travelers, there is an exception that is listed in the exception category. . The Australian Government’s health advisory posted on the Government’s website states: “The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) recognizes that some other travelers should be exempt from quarantine requirements while they are taking risk mitigation measures. These travelers must apply for a quarantine waiver in accordance with state and territorial requirements. ”
The BCCI and CA are understandably trying to get rid of Rohit and Ishant while the Australian cricket organization is negotiating with the Australian government. During the Indian Premier League (IPL), the BCCI successfully negotiated with government agencies in Abu Dhabi to ease the quarantine period for the English and Australian cricketers who went to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) after a limited-overs series in England.
Rohit suffered a hamstring injury during the IPL, while a chest injury excluded Ishant from the tournament. Both are in rehab at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). The BCCI medical team evaluates the players and it is determined that Rohit’s fitness level is currently « 70 percent ». .
On Sunday the head coach of the Indian team, Ravi Shastri, spoke about how important it is for the two players to fly to Australia in the next « three to four days ». . Shastri reportedly made his assessment with Rohit and Ishant in mind to prove their match fitness during India’s second tour game before the four-test series from Jan.. December begins in Adelaide.
When asked if it would be mandatory for Rohit and Ishant to demonstrate their match fitness in a Tour game in order to be eligible for selection in the test series, the BCCI official said, “It’s kind of not compulsory. At the same time, for a test series in Australia, players should ideally have match training before taking part in the tests. It’s difficult to go straight into the test suite. On the other hand, this is a call that the selectors and team leaders must answer. The BCCI does not interfere in these matters. ”
📣 The Indian Express is now in the telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay up to date on the latest headlines
Rohit Sharma, Indian national cricket team, Australian men’s cricket team, test cricket, Ishant Sharma, Virat Kohli, Indian Premier League, Mumbai Indians, One Day International
World News – AU – BCCI asks CA to ease quarantine on Rohit, Ishant
. . Related title :
– BCCI asks CA to release the Loosen quarantine for Rohit, Ishant
– Rohit, Ishant were never part of the Kaders ;; Iyer will likely stay behind for test series: BCCI
– India vs Australia 2020: BCCI in conversation with CA to relax the quarantine rules for Rohit and Ishant
– Kohli&’s childhood trainer says , Ajinkya Rahane have the chance to establish himself as captain
– BCCI calls on CA to relax the quarantine rules for Rohit, Ishant: Report
– & # 39; has no & # 39; in particular has no weaknesses& # 39 ;: Former Australian pacer Jason Gillespie praises India’s captain Virat . . .
– Recovery Race for the injured duo
– IND vs AUS: Steve Smith Believes India Has & # 39; High Quality& # 39; Batsmen for Virat, Rohit&’s absence
– If the India led by Kohli is unsuccessful in ODIs and T20s, they will be smoked in tests: Michael Clarke with 4: 0
– Aus vs Ind: Ishant, Rohit ruled out the first two tests, report says
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]