Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and his teammates in Gabon were forced to spend the night sleeping on the airport grounds before the start of the African Nations Cup qualifiers against Gambia.
Aubameyang used social media to highlight their plight after arriving at Banjul Airport on Sunday, ahead of Monday’s Group D confrontation in the Gambian capital..
The Gabonese delegation was told that they were not allowed to leave the airport due to an administrative problem and were forced to sleep on the floor before being allowed to leave in the morning after government intervention.
Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and his Gabon teammates were forced to sleep overnight on the airport grounds [Photo: Aubameyang Instagram]
No reason was given for not allowing the team to leave the airport and head to the hotel after arrival and even according to previous African soccer performance standards, this was unusual. The Gabon Federation published photos of the incident on its Facebook page, but without comment.
“Nice job CAF, it looks like it was in the 90s,” Aubameyang posted on Twitter referring to past shortcomings he blamed on Confederation of African Football.
“It won’t discourage us but people need to know and CAF has to take responsibility. (It’s) 2020 and we want Africa to grow but that’s not how we’re going to get there, « the Arsenal striker added later.. .
Aubameyang posted on Twitter [Courtesy]
« Awesome job CAF, it’s like we were in the 1990s »
Gabon leads the group, three points behind Gambia, who are seeking to reach the Nations Cup Finals for the first time. . The two largest teams in the group – which also includes Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo – qualify for the finals in Cameroon in early 2022. .
Aubameyang on Twitter [Courtesy]
Ça nous démotivera pas mais ils faut que les gens sachent et surtout que laCAF_Online prennent ces responsabilité.
2020 et al are doing well for Greater Africa n’est pas comme ça qu’on va y arriver !!! https: // t. Share / 7qCeYNaBmJ
– Aubameyang P-E (@ Aubameyang7) November 16, 2020
Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal F.. C. , Gabon national football team, Toni Kroos, Masoud Ozil, Confederation of African Football
World News – Confederation – Confederation – his colleagues in Aubameyang and Gabon were forced to sleep on the airport floor [Photos]
. . Related title :
– colleagues in Aubameyang and Gabon sleep on the airport floor
– <a href = "/? s = Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and his Gabon teammates were forced to sleep overnight on the airport floor . . . Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and his Gabonese teammates were forced to sleep on the airport floor. . . .
– Pierre Emerick Obamyang asks if # & 39; Take a hostage CSEANDCHAR # 39; Via Gambia in airport row
– « > Our colleagues in Aubameyang and Gabon have been forced to sleep on the airport floor [Photos]
– Arsenal star Pierre Emerick Aubameyang attacks after being at the airport for six hours
– (photos) Arsenal& # 39; s Pierre – Emerick Aubameyang sends a warning to the Gambia after being stranded at the airport
– <a href = "/? s = Arsenal captain Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is stranded for six hours with the Gabon team at the airport, And Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was stranded for six hours with the Gabon team at the airport
– <a href = "/? s = Aubameyang slams CAF after feeling & # 39; Hostage & # 39; As Arsenal's & Star; Ga Boone colleagues slept at the Gambia airport . . . Aubameyang slams CAF after feeling like & # 39; a hostage of CSEANDCHAR # 39; like Arsenal star & his Gabonese teammates sleep at the Gambia airport . . .
– Arsenal& # 39; s Aubameyang Slots in & # 39; Hostage CSEANDCHAR # 39; Situation at the airport while on international duty
– Aubameyang and his colleagues in Gabon sleep at Gambia airport before the Afcon qualifiers A>
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]