China responded to recent criticisms of its Hong Kong policy from Australia and other members of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing group.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Legian responded to a statement on Hong Kong issued by Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada and New Zealand – also known as the Five Eyes Alliance – which expressed « grave concern » after the expulsion of four opposition MPs from the Hong Kong parliament.
« Regardless of whether they have five eyes or 10 eyes, if they dare to harm China’s sovereignty, security and development interests, they should beware of exposing and drowning their eyes, » Zhao said on Thursday.. « .
The foreign ministers of the five countries said that the new Chinese government’s decision that led to the dismissal of the deputies appears to be « part of a coordinated campaign to silence all critical voices ».
The statement said: “China’s action is a clear violation of its international obligations under the Sino-British Joint Declaration registered with the United Nations. . It violates China’s commitment that Hong Kong enjoy a « high degree of autonomy » and the right to freedom of expression.
He called on China to « stop undermining the rights of the Hong Kong people to elect their representatives in line with the Joint Declaration and the Basic Law. ».
Hong Kong, City 7. And 5 million people promised self-rule in local affairs for 50 years after her return to China in 1997.
Zhao said that Hong Kong is an inalienable part of China and that government officials should « be loyal to the motherland. ».
The four ineligible MPs were previously barred from running for re-election due to their calls for foreign governments to impose sanctions on China and Hong Kong..
China, the pro-democracy camp, Hong Kong Legislative Council, Five Eyes, Hui Chi-fung
World News – African Union – China attacks the Five Eyes countries after Hong Kong’s criticism
. . Related title :
– China attacks the Five Eyes countries after Hong Kong’s criticism
– <a href = "/? s = & # 39; their eyes will be stinged and blinded. & # 39;: China poses an unusual threat to Australia over Hong Kong as it prepares . . . & # 39; & # 39: China Pose an Unusual Threat to Australia Over Hong Kong As It Prepares . . .
– FirstFT: Today& # 39; s Most Important News
– China warns Intel Alliance & # 39; If you are not careful with Hong Kong affairs
– Light Taiwan gains amid China’s economic recovery
– China says & # 39; Five Eyes& # 39; You must face the reality in Hong Kong
– How Hong Kong can help shape reforms in China’s technology-focused five-year & plan
– Five Eyes Club urges China to reinstate Legislators
– <a href="/? warnings about Hong Kong, China
– & # 39; Poked and Blind & # 39;: China rejects Hong Kong criticism of Five Eyes
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]