The NSW police officer who tragically drowned with a student who was trying to save her had just recovered from breast cancer.
There was a sad ending on Sunday for two missing Canyoners after they were sucked into a hot tub in regional NSW.
Police identified one of the women as a serving NSW officer, Senior Constable Kelly Foster, who was most recently stationed at Lithgow Police Station.
The 39-year-old tried to rescue another woman on Saturday afternoon who had been swept into a hot tub on Mount Wilson in the Blue Mountains by an inflatable Lilo.
The younger woman has yet to be named, but it is believed that she is a 24-year-old international student who lived in the Sydney suburb of Chiswick.
NSW Police Secretary David Elliott released a statement Sunday that Sen Const Foster had lost her life to help another, a truly heroic act that would never be forgotten.
He said her death was a real loss to her family, the community and the NSW Police Force.
She had worked as an intelligence officer for the State Crime Command until May last year, but was most recently stationed in Lithgow.
Acting Commissioner Mal Lanyon said her return to work is a testament to her strength and resilience.
« Hearing reports that Kelly tried to help another woman when she died shows her commitment to the community she served and an ability to put the needs of others before her own, » he said.
Police and rescue workers rushed to the scene on Saturday, but had to stop a search at 6 p.m. due to bad weather.
The search continued on Sunday morning with the help of police divers and the bodies were found around noon.
New South Wales police, policeman, Blue Mountains
World news – AU – Tragic exposure after the death of a heroic NSW police officer in the Whirlpool
. . Related title :
– Policeman killed After being sucked into Blue Mountains Whirlpool
– NSW Police Officer Kelly Foster who drowned on Mount Wilson had overcome cancer
– & # 39; Selfless& # 39; Policeman who died trying to rescue a student who had just defeated breast cancer
– Mount Wilson: Hero Police Officer Kelly Foster died trying to rescue a student in the hot tub
– Death of Senior Constable Kelly Foster
– Veteran of a heroic policeman dies trying to get a student out of a deadly whirlpool save
– The 39-year-old police hero who survived cancer dies to rescue the 24-year-old student who drowned after sucking . . .
– Hero Cop died trying to save a woman in the hot tub
– Port Hacking High School pays tribute to Senior Constable Kelly Foster
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: