AMD has officially changed its mind and promises to continue selling its RX 6000 reference design series cards indefinitely, according to a new tweet from Scott Herkelman, vice president of AMD Graphics.
We just officially expanded the reference design builds indefinitely due to popular demand. Thanks for the feedback. 9. December 2020
On 19. On November 11th, Herkelman tweeted that AMD’s reference design cards for Big Navi, as Team Red calls its internal Founders Edition counterparts, would not be sold until early 2021. This was in line with the company’s earlier GPU versions, where AMD withdrew its reference design cards as soon as enough custom cards were on the market. In a tweet dated Jan.. However, on December 22nd, Herkelman said the company had reversed that decision.
In response to a fan who cited water blocks built for the RX 6000 series reference designs and asked why they were no longer being sold, Herkelman said that the reference design cards are now “indefinitely due to popular demand would be sold. ”
We do not know for sure whether this is due to a positive reception for the RX 6800, 6800 XT and 6900 XT or to the currently low availability of the reference card designs for these GPUs. However, AMD fans – especially those specifically designed for reference card design – can rest assured that there is no rush to get their hands on AMD’s internal GPUs.
Tom’s Hardware is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit our company page.
Advanced Micro Devices, Radeon, AMD Radeon RX Series, AMD, Graphics Processing Unit, Nvidia, Graphics Card
World News – AU – AMD will continue to sell reference design Big Navi cards indefinitely
. . Related title :
– AMD continues to sell reference design Big Navi cards cards for an indefinite period
– Reference cards of the AMD Radeon RX 6800 and 6900 series may have already been discontinued
– Don& # 39; Don’t panic, AMD will continue to do its own Big After all, Navi cards
– AMD&’s reference design for RX 6800/6900 reportedly discontinued
– The first round of custom AMD RX 6900 XT Graphics Cards Includes One With Triple 8-Pin Power Supply
– Updated | It’s&’s All AiBs Now: AMD Reportedly Ceases Production of Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800 XT, RX 6900 XT . . .
– AMD is ending production of the Radeon RX 6900 XT, RX 6800 XT, and RX 6800 reference models and is focusing on custom AIB . . .
– AMD U-turns on reference Big Navi Graphics cards will continue to sell (updated) indefinitely
– every one CPU, GPU and console debuted this fall was practically a paper start
– AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Review